Illustrated by John Folley
Mr. Mehan’s Mildly Amusing Mythical Mammals tells the story—through captivating poems and breathtaking paintings—of the adventure of two friends, the Dally and the Blug.
Their jolly journey through an alphabet of mythical mammals unites the bright and bumbling Blug and the dear but downhearted Dally, who come to learn a thing or two about good, evil, courage, humor, sadness, hope . . . and how to govern their spirits and truly love their fellow mammals.
While written to delight Middle Grade readers ages 8 to 12, this beautiful, haunting book has much that will surprise and delight everyone! The adventures of these amusing and mischievous mythical mammals, will re-awaken a wonder and love for humanity and nature in readers of all ages.
These delightful poems and stunning oil paintings lead readers on a rollicking journey with two friends, the Dally and Blug, who face the dangers of sadness and loneliness. And together they learn what it means to be truly happy!
And look closely for one real mammal that is sadly on the verge of extinction, and sing along with the original song that may help to save it.
Kind readers take note! Inside you will find…
- 26 Mythical Mammals, with one poem for each letter of the alphabet.
- 26 oil paintings complementing the story.
- 26 full color letter block illustrations, featuring many clever details and puns for all the letters, A through Z.
- A curious glossary for tricky words and phrases.
- A treasure hunt guide in the back to discover the many mysteries hidden in the poems and the art…all for re-readable enjoyment!
By: Matthew Mehan