Please join us in starting the Double Great Novena by attending Mass and receiving Communion on 9 consecutive First Fridays and Saturdays, as well as fulfilling the conditions explained below. The 33 promises of this devotion are amazing and will greatly bless you and your family.
FIRST FRIDAY DEVOTION
Condition and Promises
- Receive Holy Communion on 9 consecutive First Fridays with the intention of making reparation to the Sacred Heart.
1. l will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
2. I will give peace in their families.
3. I will console them in all their troubles.
4. They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of death.
5. l will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
6. Sinners shall find in My Heart the source and infinite ocean of mercy.
7. Tepid souls shall become fervent.
8. Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
9. I will bless the homes in which the image of My Sacred Heart shall be exposed and honored.
10. I will give to priests the power to touch the most hardened hearts.
11. Those who propagate this devotion shall have their name written in My Heart, and it shall never be effaced.
12. The all-powerful love of My Heart will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the first Friday or nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under My displeasure, nor without receiving their Sacraments; My Heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.
FIRST SATURDAY DEVOTION
a) Confession (can be made 8 days before or after the first Saturday).
b) Holy Communion.
c) Five decades of the Rosary.
d) Meditation on one or more of the Rosary Mysteries for 15 minutes.
e) Observe the above practices on the first Saturday of 9 consecutive months.
f) Do all of the above in the spirit of reparation to the Immaculate Heart of Mary.
a) I promise to assist at the hour of death with all the graces necessary for salvation
Jesus requests that this prayer be said on first Saturdays along with 9 consecutive First Fridays and 9 (not 5} consecutive First Saturdays Devotions.
“Most Sacred Heart of Jesus, I offer you this Holy Communion through the Immaculate Heart of Mary to console you for all the sins committed against You.”
Prayer in Honor of the Twin Hearts
I trust in Thee, O Heavenly Father, and offer Thee the United Hearts of Jesus and Mary, the Triumphant Bleeding Wounds of Jesus and the Tears of our Loving Heavenly Mother Mary. Lord, Thy Will be done.
Heavenly Father, I trust in thee. I offer Thee the United Hearts of Jesus and Mary, the Triumphant Bleeding Wounds of Jesus, and the Tears of our Loving Heavenly Mother Mary. Lord, Thy Will be done. Amen. Jesus, Mary, I love Thee, save souls.
– With Ecclesiastical approval
Read more about the history and promises behind this devotion in Signs and Wonders 29#1/2!