By: Fr. Edward Looney
A Lenten Journey with Mother Mary invites you to walk with the world’s singular model of faith and purity — the Virgin Mary herself — each day of your Lenten spiritual pilgrimage to Easter. Here the enlightened Fr. Edward Looney presents Mary’s messages one by one, dedicating each week of Lent to an overarching theme from her apparitions and drawing from each a vibrant new spiritual lesson for your life.
With the help of Our Lady and Fr. Looney, you’ll discover how to make your examinations of conscience more fruitful; you’ll learn powerful new methods of prayer; and you’ll gain an unwavering trust in Our Lord’s love and mercy.
As you struggle to pray during times of fasting, a new peace with envelop you as you grow in confidence that the Mother of God is praying for you. You’ll also learn:
- The keys to praying silently so you can hear God’s voice
- The three ways Mary works to convert sinners
- How specifically to pray for the healing of a broken heart
- Why and how you should pray the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows of Mary
- How a Marian apparition is judged to be worthy of belief
- What Mary teaches us about praying for the dead
- And, finally, Our Lady’s wise and consoling words for persons with debilitating diseases, for families struggling to conceive, and for couples struggling to heal their marriages.
Best of all, at the end of your Lenten journey with Mother Mary, you’ll be prepared to experience the Paschal Mystery through the eyes of Mary herself, sorrowing and rejoicing with her as the events of Holy Week give way to the palpable rising of Christ in your life.