The times we live in are perilous and unprecedented. Every day we hear and see evidence of the spiritual battle taking place all around us, manifesting in the physical realm. And yet, despite the evil that has been unleashed in our world, we still find the good.
- The two recent earthquakes in Turkey and Syria, which were independent and yet triggered each other, are being categorized as “the worst disaster in the region and in the world,” according to Turkish President Recep Erdogan. And yet, miraculous rescues have happened. For example, a whole family was rescued from underneath the wreckage of their apartment building, and people were rejoicing.
- Gender mutilations and gender confusion is running rampant, to the point of allowing the mutilation of children before they are old enough to understand the impact of their decisions. And yet we thank God for people like Matt Walsh of Daily Wire, whose documentary “What is a Woman?” and Chaya Raichik, founder of the viral Libs of Tik Tok Twitter account, who unmask the evil of our time, manifesting in plain sight in our everyday world—despite intimidation including death threats in response to their work.
- The FBI raid on the home of pro-life activist Mark Houck who was arrested following an early morning raid at his family home in September by 20 agents with weapons drawn for allegedly violating the FACE Act related to an altercation outside a Philadelphia abortion clinic. We give thanks to God that none of his family was harmed during the raid, and that Mark was recently acquitted of federal charges. Mark has been told that he is now “the face of the weaponization of the government.”
We must take heart in these times. As Sister Lucia of Fatima wrote in a letter to Cardinal Caffarra:
“The final battle between the Lord and the reign of Satan will be about marriage and the family. Don’t be afraid, because anyone who operates for the sanctity of marriage and the family will always be contended and opposed in every way, because this is the decisive issue.”
And then she concluded:
“However, Our Lady has already crushed its head.”
Our nation is at a serious crossroad; we need to pray and fast for America NOW!
At Pray and Fast for America, we heard the call of Our Lady to help mobilize God’s people, the boots on the ground, to not only participate in prayer and fasting, but also to recruit others to pray and fast for our nation.
Announcing the 365-Day Initiative of Catholics and other Christians from across America, in a National Network of Prayer and Fasting.
Heaven is Calling All Prayer Warriors!
Join Our Year-Long Pray & Fast for America 2023 Campaign
“A great battle between Christ and Satan is happening in the world right now. This great battle is particularly focused on the Soul of America by the Forces of Evil.”
The Church and our Nation need YOU to join forces with other prayer warriors to pray and fast for our Nation, our Leaders, and our Families, for a NEW AMERICAN REVOLUTION — a Spiritual Revolution.
“America, the United States in particular, is being given the tremendous, yet privileged opportunity to lead all nations in a spiritual renewal – never so necessary, so important, so vital.”
“It is evident that the forces of Evil are enveloping the world. Their hatred, however, is now focused on the United States because of the Divine Mandate given to it to lead the world to peace.”
— Our Lady, the Immaculate Virgin, Patroness of the Americas
“And He said to them: this kind can go out by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.”
— Mark 9:2
Our hope is that, together, we can mobilize churches, communities, schools, prayer groups, and clergy and religious to attend Mass, Pray, Fast, Adore, and promote throughout the United States of America, particularly for these intentions:
1. The Conversion of All Peoples and Nations
2. To Build a Culture of Life
3. To Defend the Sanctity of Marriage and Family Life
4. For Peace and to Implore God’s Mercy
5. For All Priests, Clergy, Vocations, and for Holiness of the Members of the Church.
Please commit to Pray, Fast, and Adore by signing up below!
Pray and Fast for America 2023 equips you for the spiritual battle at our doorstep.
We’ve joined forces with Divine Mercy for America for a 54-Day Rosary Novena for Mercy:
Pray with Us Throughout the Season of Lent, through the Octave of Easter – from Ash Wednesday through Divine Mercy Sunday
February 22 – April 16, 2023 Leading up to The Feast of The Divine Mercy
The Feast of The Divine Mercy, also known as Divine Mercy Sunday, is the Second Sunday of Easter (the Sunday immediately following Easter Sunday). You may know that Easter is the most important feast day of the year, but you may not know that we actually celebrate it over eight full days, which is why we call it the “Octave of Easter.” Moreover, it is the last day of an octave, the eighth day, which is the greatest of all, the climax of the whole feast. In a sense, Divine Mercy Sunday is the most important day of the most important feast! Fittingly, Jesus promised to give great graces on Divine Mercy Sunday. Specifically, He told St. Faustina:
“On that day [Divine Mercy Sunday], the very depths of My tender mercy are opened. I pour out a whole ocean of graces upon those souls who approach the fount of My mercy. … On that day all the divine floodgates through which graces flow are opened” (Diary, 699).
Regarding the graces of Divine Mercy Sunday, Jesus told St. Faustina,
“The soul that will go to Confession and receive Holy Communion shall obtain complete forgiveness of sins and punishment” (699).
This is an extraordinary promise! This is because when we normally go to Confession, the eternal punishment due to sin (i.e., hell) is removed, but the temporal punishment due to sin (i.e., purgatory) may still remain (see Psalm 99:8). Unless we have perfect contrition, or pray, fast, and/or give alms with perfect purity of intention, temporal punishment as a consequence of our sins most likely remains. But all sins and punishment are removed by the grace of Divine Mercy Sunday when we fulfill the conditions of a valid Confession and worthily receive Holy Communion, as long as we have some rectification of the will (meaning that we are sorry and will try to amend our life).
Did You Know?
The History of the 54-Day Rosary Novena
At the close of the 19th century, Our Lady of the Rosary revealed the 54-day Rosary novena to the daughter of Commander Agrelli of Naples, Italy, who was healed after suffering for a long time with terrible cramps. The girl had prayed, asking for the intercession of Mary, Queen of the Holy Rosary; Our Lady promised her healing if she made three Rosary novenas – that is, by praying the nine-day Novena of the Rosary three times, for a total of 27 days. In a later apparition, Mary indicated that anyone seeking her intercession should make three novenas of the prayers of the Rosary in petition, and then three novenas in thanksgiving, for a total of 54 days of Rosary prayers.
Commit to Pray the 54-Day Rosary Novenahttps://prayandfastforamerica.org/battle-we-are/spiritual-warfare-prayers/54-day-rosary-novena-mercy for Mercy
Prayer Warrior Action Items:
- Pray the 54-Day Rosary Novena for Mercy
- Pray The Divine Mercy Chaplet Novena beginning on Good Friday and ending on the vigil of Divine Mercy Sunday
- Pray the Prayer to Our Lady, the Immaculate Virgin, Patroness of the Americas.