“Precious Blood, ocean of divine mercy: Flow upon us! Precious Blood, most pure offering: Procure us every grace! Precious Blood, hope and refuge of sinners: Atone for us! Precious Blood, delight of holy souls: Draw us!” – St. Catherine of Siena
The Great Month of July is dedicated to the Precious Blood of Jesus. Pope Pius X instituted the Feast of Precious Blood to be celebrated on July 1st. We’ll send our subscribers and members the prayers from July 1st – 9th, but we encourage you to pray them every day for the entire month of July. We reflect on Jesus’s sacrifice and suffering for the world’s redemption. Since it is an overflow of mercy that overcomes evil, the blood of Christ is our blessing cup in which we are washed clean. This is a gift we have access to daily!
From 1995-2003, Jesus appeared to a 20-year-old engineering student in Nigeria named Barnabas Nwoye and introduced him to the Devotion to His Most Precious Blood. Messages were dictated to Barnabas by Jesus from the Monstrance at Benediction. These messages contained powerful prayers with attached promises and gifts, forming the Precious Blood Devotion. “The Spirit led me to encounter the whole suffering of Jesus Christ from Gethsemane to his burial,” said Barnabas.
He saw a cloud appear with the bare head of Jesus Christ crowned with thorns; blood all over His holy face. Jesus then raised up His face and calmly said,
“Barnabas, I am the Agonizing Jesus. Console Me, adore My Precious Blood. Consecrate your life to My Precious Blood, and make constant reparation for the sins committed against My Blood.”
Jesus gave him the Precious Blood Chaplet and told Barnabas this is the greatest devotion He has ever given the Church and the last one He will give in this age.
Our Lord taught Barnabas the accompanying prayers and invocations and made twelve promises to those who prayed the Chaplet, which included:
- I promise to protect any person who devoutly prays this Chaplet against evil attacks.
- I will guard their five senses.
- I will protect them from sudden death.
- Twelve hours before their death, they will drink My Precious Blood and eat My Body.
- Twenty-four hours before their death, I will show them my five wounds so that they may feel a deep contrition for all their sins and have a perfect knowledge of them.
- Any person who makes a novena with it will get their intentions. Their prayer will be answered.
- I will perform many wonderful miracles through it.
- I will destroy many secret societies and set free many souls in bondage by My mercy.
- I will save many souls from Purgatory.
- I will teach them My way, those who honor My Precious Blood through this Chaplet.
- I will have mercy on them who have mercy on My Precious Wounds and Blood.
- Whoever teaches this prayer to another person will have an indulgence of four years.
O God, who by the Precious Blood of your Only Begotten Son have redeemed the whole world, preserve in us the work of your mercy, so that, ever honoring the mystery of our salvation, we may merit to obtain its fruits. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.
Sign up now to receive the prayers to the Precious Blood of Jesus in your inbox from July 1st – 9th and we encourage you to continue to pray the devotion every day for the whole month of July.
The Daily Devotion – The minimum daily prayers for a devotee are:
1. One Mystery of the Rosary (Joyful, Luminous, Sorrowful or Glorious)
2. Chaplet of the Precious Blood
5. Any other prayers from the Full Daily Devotion that you can add into your day without neglecting your duties to your family or work. (See list below)
–All four mysteries of the Rosary (Joyful, Luminous, Sorrowful and Glorious)
–The Anguished Appeals
–The Mystical Prayers
-Votive Mass of the Precious Blood and exposition of the Blessed Sacrament, where available.