The Church teaches us that it is divided into the Church Triumphant (which includes the members of the Church in heaven), the Church Suffering (this includes the members of the Church in purgatory) and the Church Militant (this refers to those members of the Church who are alive in this world).
Because we are part of the Church Militant, we are in a spiritual warfare and this spiritual warfare requires that we recognize, as St . Paul teaches us, “For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood; but against principalities and powers, against the rulers of the world of this darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in the high places” (Ephesians 6:12) .
The members of the Auxilium Christianorum should always bear in mind the reality of our state as members of the Church living in this world. Despite St. Paul’s teaching, many Catholics do not take seriously their obligation to wage war against the demonic forces. It is for this reason that the Association of the Auxilium Christianorum was founded.
The principal aims of this association are:
- To provide prayers for those priests associated with the Auxilium Christianorum, so that their apostolate in driving out the demons is efficacious.
- To provide prayers for the protection of the priests, members of the Association and their families and friends so that they are not adversely affected by the demonic.
Requirements of its Members
- Prior to becoming a member of the Auxilium Christianorum, the layman is strongly exhorted to consult his spiritual director or confessor.
- They are to seek to lead a habitual life of sanctifying grace, always desiring never to fall into the state of mortal sin and to avoid all intentional venial sin.
- The members are to continually seek to increase and to perfect their life of prayer which includes not only the vocal prayers which are required (see Prayers section) but also a consistent life of meditation which is very effective in driving out the demonic and avoiding demonic oppression.
- To pray the rosary daily. The intention of the rosary may be for any intention and does not have to be offered for the aims of the Auxilium Christianorum.
- The members are to fulfill the daily vocal prayer requirements, having as their intention the principal aims of this Association. The members are to make frequent use of the sacramentals known to ward off and drive out the demonic.
- The members are to strive to keep the words of Saint Paul in their hearts that since we fight against principalities and powers, i.e. against the demonic, they are to strive for meekness and humility in relationship to their neighbor, never striking out in anger or vindication but seeking to root out any demonic influence according to their state in life. This involves using binding prayers according to authentic Catholic principle and to avoid any form of superstition, whether that is in the daily living of their lives or when they engage in battle against the evil spirits. This means that their use of the Association prayers, or any prayers to drive out the demonic, will always be subordinate to authentic Catholic principle and always be done with devotion and faith.
- The members must strive to increase their devotion to Our Lady under the title of Virgo Potens (Virgin Most Powerful).
- Each member must strive to increase his devotion to his Guardian Angel.
- When it is financially possible, each member of the Auxilium Christianorum is to keep a statue of Our Lady and Saint Michael in his home, before which a votive candle is to be burned.
- The members of the association should be aware that none of these requirements bind under the pain of sin.
Daily Prayers Offered for the Members of the Auxilium Christianorum
Prayers to be said every day:
V. Our help is in the name of the Lord.
R. Who made heaven and earth.
Most gracious Virgin Mary, thou who wouldst crush the head of the serpent, protect us from the vengeance of the evil one. We offer our prayers, supplications, sufferings and good works to thee so that thou may purify them, sanctify them and present them to thy Son as a perfect offering. May this offering be given so that the demons that influence or seek to influence the members of the Auxilium Christianorum do not know the source of their expulsion and blindness. Blind them so that they know not our good works. Blind them so that they know not on whom to take vengeance. Blind them so that they may receive the just sentence for their works. Cover us with the Precious Blood of thy Son so that we may enjoy the protection which flows from His Passion and Death. Amen.
St. Michael Prayer. Guardian Angel Prayer. Our Father. Hail Mary. Glory Be.
Litany of the Most Precious Blood of our Lord Jesus Christ
Lord have mercy.
Christ have mercy.
Lord have mercy.
Christ hear us.
Christ graciously hear us.
God the Father of Heaven, have mercy on us.
God the Son, Redeemer of the world, have mercy on us.
God the Holy Spirit, have mercy on us.
Holy Trinity, One God, have mercy on us.
Blood of Christ, only-begotten Son of the Eternal Father, save us.
Blood of Christ, Incarnate Word of God, save us.
Blood of Christ, of the New and Eternal Testament, save us.
Blood of Christ, falling upon the earth in the Agony, save us.
Blood of Christ, shed profusely in the Scourging, save us.
Blood of Christ, flowing forth in the Crowning with Thorns, save us.
Blood of Christ, poured out on the Cross, save us.
Blood of Christ, price of our salvation, save us.
Blood of Christ, without which there is no forgiveness, save us.
Blood of Christ, Eucharistic drink and refreshment of souls, save us.
Blood of Christ, stream of mercy, save us.
Blood of Christ, victor over demons, save us.
Blood of Christ, courage of Martyrs, save us.
Blood of Christ, strength of Confessors, save us.
Blood of Christ, bringing forth Virgins, save us.
Blood of Christ, help of those in peril, save us.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.
Blood of Christ, solace in sorrow, save us.
Blood of Christ, hope of the penitent, save us.
Blood of Christ, consolation of the dying, save us.
Blood of Christ, peace and tenderness of hearts, save us.
Blood of Christ, pledge of eternal life, save us.
Blood of Christ, freeing souls from purgatory, save us.
Blood of Christ, most worthy of all glory and honor, save us.
Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world, spare us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world, graciously hear us, O Lord.
Lamb of God, Who takest away the sins of the world, have mercy on us.
V. Thou hast redeemed us with Thy Blood, O Lord.
R. And made of us a kingdom for our God.
Let us pray.
Almighty, and everlasting God, Who hast appointed Thine only-begotten Son to be the Redeemer of the world, and hast been pleased to be reconciled unto us by His Blood, grant us, we beseech Thee, so to venerate with solemn worship the price of our salvation, that the power thereof may here on earth keep us from all things hurtful, and the fruit of the same may gladden us for ever hereafter in heaven. Through the same Christ our Lord.
PRAYERS FOR EACH DAY OF THE WEEK CAN BE FOUND HERE OR OBTAIN THE PRAYER CARDS: